Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » MIRECC / CoE » VISN 16 MIRECC » Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
MIRECC / CoE
Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
Fall 2018, Volume 20, Issue 5- In this Issue
New Orleans Site Update
Meet the New Fellows
2018 MI Training Evaluation Results
Research to Practice: Using Implementation Science to Enhance Health Disparity Research
FY2019 Education Needs Survey Announcement
Pilot Study Research Program Applications Due January 2
Implementation, Design and Analysis Support Available for Affiliates
Recent Publications1. Abraham TH, Marchant-Miros K, McCarther MB, Craske MG, Curran GM, Kearney LK, Greene, C, Lindsay, JA, & Cucciare, MA. (2018). Adapting Coordinated Anxiety Learning and Management for Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinics: Iterative approach. JMIR, 5(3), e10277. OPEN ACCESS
2. Cheney AM, Haynes TF, Olson M, Cottoms N, Bryant K, Reaves CM, Curran GM, Reich M, & Sullivan G (2018). Using deliberative and qualitative methods to mobilize community around the mental health needs of rural African Americans. Healthcare Systems and Reform. OPEN ACCESS
3. Dindo L, Zimmerman MR, Handlandsmyth K, StMarie B, Embree J, Marchman J, Tripp-Reimer T, & Rakel B (2018). Acceptance and commitment therapy for prevention of chronic post-surgical pain and opioid use in at-risk Veterans: A pilot randomized controlled study. Journal of Pain. Advance online publication.
4. Fletcher TL, Hogan JB, Keegan F, Davis ML, Wassef M, & Lindsay JA (2018). Recent advances in delivering mental health treatment via video to home. Current Psychiatry Reports, 20(8), 56.
5. Grubbs KM, Fortney JC, Pyne JM, Mittal D, Ray JM, & Hudson T (2018). A comparison of collaborative care outcomes in two health care systems: VA and Federally Qualified Health Care Centers. Psychiatric Services, 69(4), 431-437.
6. Matthieu MM, Wilson AN, & Casner RW (2017). Interdisciplinary issues at the intersection of assessing and treating substance use disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder: Clinical social work and clinical behavioral analysis with Veterans. Advances in Social Work, 18(1), 217-234.
7. Pyne JM, Constans JI, Wiederhold MD, Gibson DP, Kimbrell T, Kramer TL, Pitcock JA, Han X, Williams DK, Chartrand D, Gevirtz RN, Spira J, Wiederhold BK, McCraty R, & McCune TR (2018). Heart rate variability and cognitive bias feedback interventions to prevent post-deployment PTSD: Results from a randomized controlled trial. Military Medicine. Advance online publication.
8. Raines AM, Capron DW, Stentz LA, Walton JL, Allan NP, McManus ES, Uddo M, True G, & Franklin CL (2017). Posttraumatic stress disorder and suicidal ideation, plans, and impulses: The mediating role of anxiety sensitivity cognitive concerns among Veterans. Journal of Affective Disorders, 222, 57-62.
9. Sherman MD, & Larsen J (2018). Family-focused interventions and resources for Veterans and their families. Psychological Services, 15(2), 146-153.
10. Sorocco K, Mignogna J, Kauth M, Hundt N, Stanley M, Thakur E, Ratcliff C, & Cully JA (2018). Online CBT training for mental health providers in primary care. Journal of Mental Health Training, Education, and Practice, 13 (4), 228-237.
MIRECC Affiliates in bold
Last updated: December 15, 2020