MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Beyond MST: Using the Mobile App to Support Individuals who Experienced Military Sexual Trauma
Presenters: Chris Skidmore, PhD and Amy Street, PhD
Dates: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email Kimber.Polette@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Define military sexual trauma (MST).
- Describe at least two features available in Beyond MST, a new mobile mental health app for MST survivors.
- List at least two potential benefits of using a mobile app for MST survivors.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- June 8 & 9, 2022 - Resilience Among Aging Veterans
- July 13 & 14, 2022 - Infertility and Mental Health
- August 10 & 11, 2022 - Caring for Veterans with Psychosis
- September 14 & 15, 2022 - Using Brief CBT for Depression and Suicide Prevention
- October 12 & 13, 2022 - The Health Benefits of Nature and “The Great Outdoors” Guide
- November 9 & 10, 2022 - To be determined
If you would like a non-accredited link to view the recording of a recent webinar, contact Ashley.McDaniel@va.gov (no CEU will be provided for viewing a direct link to a non-accredited recording).
Select recordings are accredited for CE and available in TMS. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take these trainings. Currently, accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
Last updated: April 28, 2022