MIRECC / CoE
National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Anxiety and Trauma-Related Problems in Living
Presenter: Jeffry Scott Bethay, PhD
Dates: Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, December 15, 2022, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
CE: 1 hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email Megan.Wandersee@va.gov.
After the training learners should be able to:
- Describe a functional account of clinical anxiety and exposure therapy from an ACT perspective.
- Describe and explain case conceptualization and clinical procedures to address anxiety and trauma-related concerns from an ACT perspective.
- List relevant treatment techniques and exercises corresponding to the 6 core processes of ACT.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 30 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
- January 11 & 12, 2023 - Caring for Veterans who identify as Native American
- February 8 & 9, 2023 - Provider Self-Compassion and Avoiding Burnout Impaired Providers
- March 8 & 9, 2023 - Recovering from Trauma: Breaking the Cycle of Safety Aids and Avoidance
- April 12 & 13, 2023 - Using Brief CBT for Depression and Suicide Prevention
- May 10 & 11, 2023 - Grief
- June 14 & 15, 2023 - To be determined
Select recordings are accredited for CE and available in TMS. Visit the accredited recordings webpage to take these trainings. Accredited recordings can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
Last updated: November 28, 2022