MIRECC / CoE
Clinical Educator Grant Program | South Central MIRECC
The request for applications for the FY24 Clinical Educator Grant (CEG) Program is now open.
The CEG program is an opportunity for clinicians and researchers at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) to develop educational products that address clinical gaps to improve mental health care for rural and underserved Veterans.
All products are developed to be freely accessible in the public domain. Products must be designed to allow for wide dissemination and be easily used by clinicians or Veterans.
Projects must support the SC MIRECC mission or commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to improve mental health care for rural and other underserved Veterans. Projects tailored to rural populations should be applicable to CBOC or rural community settings. All products should include consideration about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In addition to our annual CEG Program, this year we are offering a special topic Clinical Educator Grant. The special topic is Integrating Cultural Sensitivity into Mental Health Care: Considerations for mental healthcare practices, treatment-seeking behaviors, and navigating the therapeutic relationship. The annual and special topic Clinical Educator Grant Program have the same grant application and funding possibilities.
Grant awards may be for up to $5,000. Multi-site collaborative projects at facilities in VISNs 16 and/or 17 may be eligible for a grant up to $10,000.
In addition, the SC MIRECC occasionally funds off-cycle applications. Please contact Dr. Jennifer Bryan at Jennifer.Bryan1@va.gov or Dr. Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali at Ali.Asghar-Ali@va.gov if you have an inquiry about an off-cycle application.
- Mental health clinicians, researchers, evaluators, and educators in VISN 16 and VISN 17 or those collaborating with VISN 16 or VISN 17 mental health professionals.
- A single applicant must be designated the principal applicant even if the project has multiple collaborators.
- For multi-site collaborations where each site has its own leader, those individuals will be designated co-principal applicants.
- For those collaborating with staff outside of VISN 16 or VISN 17, the principal applicant must be a VISN 16 or VISN 17 staff member.
- Trainees may apply, but must identify a permanent VA mental health professional as a co-applicant. The permanent VISN 16 or VISN 17 VA mental health professional will be responsible for completion of the product if it has not been completed before the trainee’s tenure at VA is complete.
- Veteran or non-VA community members can be co-applicants, but not principal applicants.
- Awardees will be designated as SC MIRECC Affiliate Investigators during their project.
Use our helpful application instructions and sample applications below to fill out the application.
The deadline for FY24 applications is July 6, 2023. Please contact Dr. Jennifer Bryan at Jennifer.Bryan1@va.gov and Dr. Ali Abbas Asghar-Ali at Ali.Asghar-Ali@va.gov / firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All products developed through this program will be available for free in the public domain. These products are ideal for mental health care providers, advocates, and Veterans and their family members. View our inventory to access products.
Last updated: May 19, 2023