Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » MIRECC / CoE » VISN 16 MIRECC » Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
MIRECC / CoE
Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
Spring 2019, Volume 21, Issue 2 - In this Issue
Thoughts on the VA Research Experience from a Veteran’s Point of View
Research to Practice | Increasing Participation of Iraq- and Afghanistan Veterans in Research
New Clinical Demonstration Project TheraMetrics Begins
Researchers Awarded Pilot Study Research Grants
Pilot Study Research Program Applications Due July 1
Implementation, Design and Analysis Support Available for Affiliates
- Cerimele J, Fortney J, Pyne J, & Curran G (2019). Bipolar disorder in primary care: A qualitative study of clinician and patient experiences with diagnosis and treatment. Family Practice, 36(1), 32-37. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Cheney AM, Koenig CJ, Miller CJ, Zamora K, Wright P, Stanley R, Fortney JC, Burgess JF, & Pyne JM (2018). Veteran-centered barriers to VA mental healthcare services use BMC Health Services Research, 18,591. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Connolly SL, Miller CJ, Koenig CJ, Zamora KA, Wright PB, Stanley RL, & Pyne JM (2018). Veterans’ attitudes towards smartphone app use for mental health care: Qualitative study of rurality and age differences. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 6(8), e70148.
- Fortney JC, Pyne JM, Ward-Jones S, Bennet IM, Diehl J, Farris K, Cerimele JM, & Curran, GM(2018). Implementation of evidence-based practices for complex mood disorders in primary care safety net clinics. Families, Systems, and Health, 36(3), 267-280.
- Haynes T, Turner J, Smith J, Curran G, Bryant-Moore K, Ounpraseuth ST, Kramer T, Harris K, Hutchins E, & Yeary KHK (2018). Reducing depressive symptoms through behavioral activation in churches: A Hybrid-2 randomized effectiveness-implementation design. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 6422-29. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Huddleston C, Martin L, Woods K, & Dindo L (2018). One-day behavioral intervention for distressed Veterans with migraine: Results of a multimethod pilot study. Military Medicine, 183(7-8), e184-e192.
- Narcisse MR, Felix H, Long CR, Hudson T, Payakachat N, Bursac Z, & McElfish PA (2018).Frequency and predictors of health services use by Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders: Evidence from the U.S. Health Interview Survey. BMC Health Services Research, 18575. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Pyne JM, Kelly PA, Fischer EP, Miller CJ, Wright P, Zamora K, Koenig CJ, Stanley R, Seal K, Burgess JF, & Fortney JC (2018).Development of the perceived access inventory: A patient-centered measure of access to mental health care. Psychological Services.Advance online publication.
- Renn BN, Asghar-Ali AA, Thielke S, Catic A, Martini SR, Mitchell BG, & Kunik ME (2018). A systematic review of practice guidelines and recommendations for discontinuation of cholinesterase inhibitors in dementia. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 26(2), 134-147. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Renn BN, Hundt NE, Sansgiry S, Petersen NJ, Kauth MR, Kunik ME, & Cully JA (2018).Integrated brief CBT improves illness intrusiveness in Veterans with chronic pulmonary disease. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 52(8), 686-696.
- Stanley MA, Wilson NL, Shrestha S, Amspoker AB, Wagener P, Bavineau J, Turner M, Fletcher TL, Freshour J, Kraus-Schuman C, & Kunik ME (2018). Community-based outreach and treatment for underserved older adults with clinically significant worry: A randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.Advance online publication.
Last updated: April 25, 2019