Newsletter | South Central MIRECC
Fall 2019, Volume 21, Issue 4 - In this Issue
Meet the New Fellows
RtoP | Wearable Sensors for Assessing Frailty in Homebound Older Adults
Fall Stakeholder Forum
Highlights from Our Anchor Sites
New and Updated Clinical Education Products are Resources for CBT, Relaxation, Problem Gambling, and Veteran Wellness
Pilot Study Grant Opportunity for VISN 16 and San Antonio Researchers
Research Methods and Analysis Consultation Services Available for VISN 16 and San Antonio Investigators
- Allan NP, Ashrafioun L, Kolnogorova K, Raines AM, Hoge CW, & Stecker T (2019). Interactive effects of PTSD and substance use on suicidal ideation and behavior in military personnel: Increased risk from marijuana use. Depression and Anxiety. Advance online publication. FREE ACCESS
- Blaum C, Rosen J, Naik A, Smith D, Dindo L, Vo L, Hernandez-Bigos K, Esterson J, Geda M, Ferris R, Meehan T, & Tinetti M (2018). Feasibility of implementing patient priorities-aligned care for patients with multiple chronic conditions. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 66(10), 2009-2016. FREE ACCESS
- Browne KC, Chen JA, Hundt NE, Hudson TJ, Grubbs K, & Fortney JC (2019). Veterans self-reported reasons for non-attendance in psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychological Services. Advance online publication.
- Fortney JC, Veith RC, Bauer AM, Pfeiffer PN, Valenstein M, Pyne JM, Dalack GW, Kramer TL, Ferro LJ, Metzger K, Short JH, Carlo AD, Coates S, Ward-Jones S, Larkins E, Hafer E, Shushan S, & Unutzer J (2019). Developing telemental health partnerships between state medical schools and federally qualified health centers: Navigating the regulatory landscape and policy recommendations. Journal of Rural Health, 35(2), 287-297. FREE ACCESS
- Gitlin R & Kauth MR (2019). Contextual frameworks for addressing risk and fostering resilience among sexual and gender minority Veterans. In E. Ritchie and M. Llorente (Eds.), Veteran psychiatry in the US: Optimizing clinical outcomes (pp. 241-264). New York: Springer.
- Holleran L, Baker S, Cheng C, Wilson J, Mickelson R, Kazana I, Messinger-Rapport B, Shahin J, Cully J, Naik AD, & Godwin KM (2019). Using multisite process mapping to aid care improvement: An examination of inpatient suicide-screening procedures. Journal of Healthcare Quality, 41(2), 110-117.
- Lamkin J, Hundt N, Ahearn EP, Stanley M, & Smith TL (2019). Patterns of treatment disengagement and personality traits associated with posttraumatic stress disorder in recent-era U. S. Veterans receiving cognitive processing therapy. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 32(4), 625-632.
- Landes SJ, McBain S, & Curran GM (2019). An introduction to effectiveness-implementation hybrid designs. Psychiatry Research, 280, 112513.
- True G, Davidson L, Facundo R, Meyer D, Urbina S, & Ono S (2019). ‘Institutions don’t hug people:’ A roadmap for building trust, connectedness and purpose through Photovoice collaboration. Journal of Humanistic Psychology. Advance online publication.
- Yohannes AM, Newman M, & Kunik ME (2019). Psychiatric collaborative care for patients with respiratory disease. Chest, 155(6), 1288-1295.
Last updated: October 30, 2019