Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » MIRECC / CoE » VISN 4 MIRECC » VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - Steven L. Sayers, Ph.D.
MIRECC / CoE
VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - Steven L. Sayers, Ph.D.
- Steven L. Sayers, Ph.D.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIRECC Roles: Co-Associate Director for Education, Investigator, Fellowship Director (Psychologists), Fellowship Primary Mentor
- Bio: Dr. Sayers is Associate Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He is an investigator in the VISN 4 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC), at the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center (CMC VAMC).
- He is also the Director of the Advanced Fellowship Program in Mental Illness Research and Treatment (Psychology) at the CMC VAMC. He is currently PI of a study of supported employment, enhanced by group cognitive therapy and cognitive remediation, of Veterans with schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorder. He directs Coaching Into Care, a telephone-based service for family members who want to encourage a Veteran in their family to seek mental health care.
- Click here to download a copy of Dr. Sayers's CV.
- Research Interests: His primary areas of research include family factors in mental and physical health, adherence to treatment, and family interventions for marital distress and chronic illnesses.
- Current research projects focus on returning combat Veterans and family reintegration problems experienced by these Veterans.