MIRECC / CoE
VISN 4 MIRECC Philadelphia Investigators and Mentors - Steven L. Sayers, Ph.D.
- Steven L. Sayers, Ph.D.
- Email: email@example.com
- MIRECC Roles: Co-Associate Director for Education, Investigator, Fellowship Director (Psychologists), Fellowship Primary Mentor
- Bio: Dr. Sayers is Associate Professor of Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He is an investigator in the VISN 4 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC), at the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center (CMC VAMC).
- He is also the Director of the Advanced Fellowship Program in Mental Illness Research and Treatment (Psychology) at the CMC VAMC. He is currently PI of a study of supported employment, enhanced by group cognitive therapy and cognitive remediation, of Veterans with schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorder. He directs Coaching Into Care, a telephone-based service for family members who want to encourage a Veteran in their family to seek mental health care.
- Click here to download a copy of Dr. Sayers's CV.
- Research Interests: His primary areas of research include family factors in mental and physical health, adherence to treatment, and family interventions for marital distress and chronic illnesses.
- Current research projects focus on returning combat Veterans and family reintegration problems experienced by these Veterans.