MIRECC / CoE
VISN 1 MIRECC Staff: Sandra G. Resnick, Ph.D.
Sandra G. Resnick, Ph.D
Dr. Sandra Resnick is Director of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) national Measurement Based Care in Mental Health Initiative. She also conducts program evaluation of VHA specialty care and develops quality improvement strategies to enhance VHA mental health care. An expert in evidence-based practices for individuals with psychiatric disabilities, Dr. Resnick is passionate about data literacy and helping others understand how to use data to support and improve patient-centered mental health care at all levels of mental health systems. A licensed clinical psychologist, she is Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine, Deputy Director of the Department of Veteran Affairs Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Editor of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, and a co-founder of the Yale Measurement-Based Care Collaborative.
- B.S., Clinical Psychology, Tufts University, 1991
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, 1998
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, 2001
Areas of Research Interest
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Measurement-Based Care
Projects & Grants
- Improving Access to Supported Employment for Veterans with Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (Site-PI)
This research aims to increase access to Supported Employment (SE) for Veterans with polytrauma/traumatic brain injury (TBI) by developing and refining an intervention package/toolkit for an SE-TBI program, implementing the intervention, and conducting qualitative and quantitative assessment of its effectiveness. 2018-2022.