MIRECC / CoE
SC MIRECC National CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds | South Central MIRECC
Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Veterans
Presenters: Jessica Morris, PhD and Dawnelle Paldino, PhD
Dates: Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 8:00 - 9:00 am CT and Thursday, June 15, 2023, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT (repeat)
Target Audience: VA CBOC mental health providers (all VA providers are welcome to attend)
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: 1 free hour of JA IPCE, ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, APA, ASWB, NBCC, NYSED-SW, NYSED-P
You have two chances to attend this webinar. Do NOT select "Assign to Me" as this will not register you. Select "Register." Then select the event you want to attend. Only register for the training you will attend or you will have issues with completing the evaluation and getting CE. If you need help, email Megan.Wandersee@va.gov.
About the Topic
After the training learners should be able to:
- Define common terms used in the care of transgender and gender diverse (TGD) patients.
- Identify health disparities experienced by TGD Veterans.
- Understand how to create an affirming clinical environment for TGD patients.
- List resources for education and training.
- VA Providers: You should join through VA TMS. If you have trouble, join directly using the Adobe Connect link below. You will have to access TMS afterwards to get CE. Contact the TMS Help Desk for assistance.
- Join Adobe Connect: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r2d57915eod/
- VA Providers have 15 days after the training to complete the program evaluation and get their accredited certificate. After 30 days, the program expires in TMS.
Recorded Webinars for Free Continuing Education Credit
Select recordings are accredited for free continuing education credit and available to VA providers in TMS. Visit our recorded CBOC Mental Health Grand Rounds for continuing education webpage to take these trainings. These recorded webinars can only be accessed by VA providers in TMS.
Download CE Certificate (VA Providers Only)
- In TMS, select “My History.”
- Find the training in your history and select “View Details” from the dialog box that opens when you tab to or hover over the title. DO NOT select “print certificate” as this creates a generic TMS certificate.
- In the Completed Work Details screen, find the section named “Accreditation Details.”
- Select the “Print Accredited Certificate” button next to your preferred CE.
- July 12 & 13, 2023 - Racial Justice
- August 9 & 10, 2023 - Written Exposure Therapy
- September 13 & 14, 2023 - Facilitating a Comfortable Environment for Women Veterans Receiving Mental Health Care in CBOCs
- October 11 & 12, 2023 - Treating Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Information for Invited Presenters
Invited presenters can read our guidelines (PDF) to learn what to submit for their webinar. Your slides must include tips for how CBOC and rural providers can use what you will teach in clinical practice. Read our rural/CBOC needs checklist (PDF) to learn the special needs of CBOC and rural providers.
Last updated: May 18, 2023